- Perform skilled repair and maintenance of motor equipment.
- Inspect and troubleshoot gasoline and diesel internal combustion and engine-powered vehicles and other engine-powered equipment.
- Do tune-ups, repair electrical systems, adjust brakes and clutches, adjust or replace carburetors, do front end work such as wheel alignments.
- Remove and replace clutches and transmission, remove and disassemble diesel and gasoline engines.
- Replace faulty or worn parts, grind valves, and perform engine overhauls.
- Perform auto bodywork and related welding and metal working duties.
- Knowledge of 2 and 4 cycle engines plus repair and maintenance.
- Repair and maintain grass cutting and snow and ice equipment.
- May also perform preventative maintenance tasks, such as, lubrication and replacement of oil filters and other similar duties.
- Perform other duties as need, such as, irrigation and sprinkler repairs.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.